For many corporate executives, navigating their compensation and benefits, such as stock options, RSUs and deferred compensation plans, can be a challenge. We can help executives and board members understand and maximize the benefits these plans offer. We work with our clients to address questions and concerns such as:
- When should I exercise stock options and how should the proceeds be used?
- How does equity-based compensation – such as RSUs – impact my potential cash flow and income tax liability upon vesting?
- How much compensation does it make sense to defer and what type of payout options should I consider?
- When should I elect a pension benefit and what payout option (e.g. single life, joint and survivor, lump sum) makes the most sense for my situation and goals?
- At what point does a stock concentration begin to negatively impact my financial plan and objectives?